- Chicken Breasts Halves
- Olive Oil (minimal amount)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Non-stick spray
- Diced onion
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 C Chicken stock
- 2 cans of white cannellini beans
- 1 jar of pizza sauce (the least amount of processed sugar you can find)
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Spray large sauce pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and then pan fry for 4 minutes on each side. Add minimal oil if needed to keep chicken from burning.
- Remove the chicken and set aside (it will not be cooked through yet, but will finish cooking later; this step add texture to your meal, yet allows it to stay moist when it finishes cooking during the simmering process later on).
- Add garlic, onion, carrot, thyme, and 1/2 C balsamic vinegar.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Stir in the stock, pizza sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
- Add chicken back in; cover; reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is done.
- Serve alone or on parboiled or brown rice.
- This was delicious! Parker and Elsie loved it!