- 1 LB bag of lentils
- Diced carrots
- Sauteed yellow onion
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Chicken and Beef Bouillon
- 1-2 TBS Olive Oil
- Minced garlic
- Garlic Powder
- Garam Masala
- Saute the onions in olive oil.
- Once the onions have softened, add the lentils and garlic.
- Add water and carrots and bring to a boil. (It helps to microwave the carrots for a little while first to speed up the softening process; select how long to microwave depending on your microwave’s strength.)
- Once the water is boiling, add the bouillon cubes. I use 6-8 cubes per large pot.
- Add the spices to taste; it takes a lot of curry powder and turmeric for my preference.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- I prefer eating soups the next day because I think the flavors settle better. I usually try to prepare soups a day ahead, but when you eat it the same day, it tastes great too.
- I often eat this as a stand-alone soup or serve it over parboiled or brown rice.