- Chicken stock or bouillon
- Pulled rotisserie chicken
- Pre-prepared parboiled rice
- Boiled Carrots
- Sauteed onions (if desired)
- Fresh kale
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock or bouillon to a boil; add water. Notice I didn’t put the amount because to be perfectly transparent, I use what I have on hand and then add water to make up the difference. I prefer a 1:1 ratio of chicken stock to water.
- Throw in the chicken, rice, boiled carrots, sauteed onions, and kale.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- I prefer eating soups the next day because I think the flavors settle better. I usually try to prepare soups a day ahead, but when you eat it the same day, it tastes great too.
- Whenever I have leftover rice, I throw whatever isn’t eaten into the freezer for this type of cooking situation.